Are ya'll aware of how much we waste our time? Maybe you don't think you do, but I know that I do. I fill my days with things I feel like I need to do, but in actuality I don't. In turn, those things that really should be done--those things God has placed in my heart--get buried under those immediate busy things.
I don't think that's how God wants it.
Y'know, as a way of relaxing from the stress of the day, I go on Facebook and spend an hour or more just banging around, checking out what people are doing and looking at pictures and commenting on things. Not to say that this isn't good...but at the same time--it takes up so much time. Also, when I'm doing homework, I'll reward myself with it. Then I'm up all night doing an assignment that would only take me, what? An hour-two?
Another way I waste time is worrying. God says to not worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will worry about itself...He says not to be anxious about anything but with prayer and thanksgiving let your petitions be known to Him..HE says to give our concerns to Him, because He cares about us.
He ALSO tells us to be good stewards.
I guess I'm just feeling very...God driven lately. Which is awesome and I'm very thankful for it. He's just laying things out in my life and leading me in such a way--golly, I don't know...I'm just so thirsty for Him!
I've noticed lately (with the help of Boyfriend) that I'm a big time people pleaser. I want to make people happy-I want them to like me soooo badly. Because I'm afraid they'll leave me otherwise...I'm afraid I'm not worth it, otherwise. It's like--I'm not valuable for me so I try and at least make myself useful.
That's not what God says about me...He says I'm valuable for who I am, not for what I do.
He's really teaching me who I am in Him...He's teaching me to be a God pleaser-not a people pleaser, and y'know what?? It is just SO freeing. I feel much happier lately and I'm discovering myself....and actually liking myself...
Which brings me back to being a steward.
People get caught up in the business of life and what they "should" be doing...they don't focus on God as much as they should or honor His things...by that I return to the stewardship concept.
Psalm 24:1, "The earth is the LORD's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in."
What is 'ours'? Is our money really ours? Is our time ours? No...nothing is. It's God's-and He's giving it to us, but that still doesn't mean that we really have any say over it. If a friend lent you fifty bucks and then the next day asked for it back...you'd give it back to them, right? Because it wasn't really your's in the first place. That's what it's like with God...And I've been convicted of this. I am a bad steward of my time. I waste so much of my time on facespace and on things that don't matter--that don't take precedence to what God's telling me to do.I deactivated my facebook for the month of March to use that time more wisely-namely to spend it at the feet of Jesus.
I want to challenge you to search in your lives for those things that are taking more precedence than time with Jesus. Look for what devours your time, look for ways that you're not being a steward. Look at Jesus!! He tells us that if we seek Him we will find Him! Seek is an active word! Christianity is not a faith of comfort-and Satan will try to convince you to be comfortable...to not go outside of your comfort zone or change things to honor God and not yourself. That's a trap-God wants to free you and bring you life--ABUNDANT life!! Choose Jesus, guys! Go after him wholeheartedly! RUN the race God put before you!
Also...Happy March first! :)
Lots of love,
This Girl
No comments:
Post a Comment