Last Thursday was a BEAST of a day--let me tell you!
It began with ceramics, which is usually a great way to begin a day, but oh-hooohoo, no sir, not today. I almost slept in but changed mah mind. I get in and see that my vase is dry enough to go into the kiln, but instead I ask the instructor if I should sand the leg first. He says yes and gives me his special sanding tool.
"Why sand it?"
You ask.
Because it was leaning a little. So, I sand one of the legs a little and whattya know-the leg BREAKS OFF. I'm left gaping at the foot in my hand and the amputee vase.
I whine to whoever will listen and they tell me to mash up some paper clay (I felt like Rafiki from the Lion King) and put it on. I do this, but it breaks again...so I get some fresh clay and put THAT on, along with the paper clay. Then I carry it to my locker and lay it inside like it's my dead child being laid into its coffin. AND I go home.
Well. THIS Tuesday I go to Ceramics and all goes well with amputee vase. He's standing (still tilted slightly) and today was being fired. It was a good day. I made three bowls and one cup. I clean up and put my stuff away before heading to my next class for my exam (which goes swimmingly). Then I take the five minute walk to my car only to realize that I am key less.
I decide to trace my steps and look for my keys...well...they weren't int he classroom or by my wheel...y'know where they were?
In the pocket of my apron....
In my toolbox...
In my locker.
Which is locked.
"Easy peasy!" You say, "unlock your locker and drive on!"
If only...y'know what else is on my keying in my locked locker? The key to my locker.
I go to the nearest janitor I find who tells me to go the college safety (across campus) who tells me to go to maintenance, who tells me to go BACK to college safety but I'm all, "They told me to come here!" So, we go to the ceramic lab together and he McGyver's my locker and VUA LA! I'm free to go.
Crazy right?
I thought that I would struggle in ceramics but not in these ways....
No comments:
Post a Comment