Remember when we were in Boston and we went into that big music store? We aimlessly flipped through the CDs and then you found this one. I though the cover was awesome and you said they had good music. You purchased the CD and when we got back to the car you popped it in and opened it with this. I fell in love the minute I heard the first accordion cord, because I'm that kind of girl. We listened and drove through the pouring rain on the freeway, quickly spilling into traffic and sitting in silence. You held my hand in yours over the clutch, and had your other hand on the wheel. We listened to music and I quizzed you on driving laws (of all things).
Remember when we got to the big tunnel and I said we had to hold our breath? So, we did. And we could see the light at the end, but were stuck in more traffic. My heart beat against my chest and my lungs burned for oxygen but I wasn't giving up. You found an opening and gunned it through the traffic like a maniac and we let out a collective sigh at the end. Our lungs filled with fresh air and the car with our laughter.
Whenever I hear this song, I remember that.
Imissyou
Love much,,
This girl
No comments:
Post a Comment