Sunday, January 15, 2012

FEARLESS

My word for 2012 is Fearless.
I want to be a Paul. A John the Baptist. I learned about him in church today and he is so super cool. He was weird and passionate and didn't care what other people thought. He was truly living for Jesus, and I want to do the same.
In church, the pastor said the following quotes:
"You will never make a difference in this world without being willing to be different."
and,
"The only way to avoid criticism is to say nothing, do nothing, be nothing."
God called us to be something; and not just something tepid and 'good', but something big and passionate.  We need to be the kind of people who stand up for Christ even when it's not "PC".  We need to do the right, Christ-like thing, even when it's hard.  We need to be willing to sacrifice our popularity in order to present Christ to others.
My pastor challenged us by asking, "When was the last time you told someone about Jesus?"
It's been too long since I've had a conversation about Jesus with someone who needs Him.

So this year, I'ma be fearless.
I'm going to live big and dream big and follow God's callings.
I'm going to start volunteering with my church, and I'm going to talk to strangers; not just about Jesus, but about them. I want to invest in others and nurture their hearts. I'm going to start going to small group again (it starts tomorrow night!!) and potentially begin a bible study for girls. I'm already looking into ministry for the summer. And I'm considering something else...but first I have to work out some kinks.

I refuse to blend into the ways of this world. I'm going to stand out from the crowd by living fearlessly for Christ. I'm going to be His honey badger.

What about you?

Love,
This Girl

1 comment:

  1. Spot on, I think in our culture too many people think Christians are weak and diluted. In the Bible, Christians are described as having no need for fear in their hearts.
    I'd be curious to know more about John the Baptist. Thank you for the research idea

    ReplyDelete